Welcome to a breakfast seminar about EU’s new chemicals strategy
Do you want to know more about the EU’s new chemicals strategy and how it will affect companies and research? Welcome to a breakfast seminar February 24, arranged by Mistra SafeChem and SusChem Sweden.
In October 2020, the European Commission adopted The EU’s chemicals strategy for sustainability towards a toxic-free environment.
Its purpose is to stimulate innovation in safer and more sustainable chemicals and strengthen the protection of the environment and human health.
- Do you want to know more about what the chemicals strategy contains?
- How does the strategy affect the chemical companies in Sweden?
- What do representatives from the research say about how it affects the development of new materials and chemicals?
These issues are discussed at a cost-free breakfast seminar, held in Swedish and organized by Mistra SafeChem and SusChem Sweden, the platform for sustainable chemical industry.
- Overview of the strategy – and what happens now?
Urban Boije av Gennäs, expert, Swedish Chemicals Agency
- Opinions from the business community
Kristina Neimert Carne, the trade association IKEM, and a representative from the business community, TBD
- Comments from Mistra SafeChem – does our research contribute to the implementation of the strategy?
Richard Lihammar, Mistra SafeChem, and representative from the research, TBD
- Dialogue between the speakers on the way forward and the need for research and development
Seminar title: The EU's new chemicals strategy – content and implications
Date and time: February 24, 2021, from 8:15 to 9:15
More information and registration: Via this page (in Swedish)
For those involved in Mistra SafeChem, the breakfast seminar will be followed by a programme forum.