Siptex Conference 2022
Take the opportunity to learn more about Siptex, the world’s first, automated large-scale textile sorting plant. The day includes panel talks with for example EU politician Alice Bah Kuhnke. The will also be a chance to see the Siptex sorting plant from inside.
Meet Siptex – the-state-of-the-art game changer that turns rags into resources. Siptex is a project where IVL has collaborated with several other partners to launch the world's first automated large-scale textile sorting plant. The sorting plant is now operated by Systav in Malmö and the project is putting Sweden on the map as an innovator in the circular economy.
Focus of the day: How do we increase textile recycling and how can our research and findings help this process?
This topic will be discussed during this exciting conference. Research results will be shared and there will be panel talks with both project partners, politicians and representatives from the industry, such as H&M, IKEA and Stadium.
- Vegetarian lunch is served
- Research results – value to market, quality assurance, climate and environmental impact assessment
- Panel talk brands – project partners discuss the Siptex results, ongoing sustainability efforts and the future challenges of the fashion and textile industries
- Panel talk politics – what will the Swedish textile ecosystem look like in the future? Can the EU become a global trailblazer in sustainable and circular textile value chains, new technological solutions and innovative business models?
- Guided tour of the amazing Siptex facility
Date and registration
Date: October 13, at 11.30-14.00
Location: Svartögatan 2, Malmö, 5 min from Malmö C
Shuttle bus from Malmö C will be provided