IVL, together with Swedish institute, arranges the two-week SEK City Elite Scholarship Camp in Sweden for students from India and China. The selection process is now finalized, and the names of the final 20 students are published.
"We received an overwhelming response with over 500 applications! All of the students displayed their high interest in the Smart-Eco-Konnected concept, and we are proud to see that the young generation is keen to work towards a sustainable future", says Aditi Bhasin, Project Manager, Business Development and Marketing at IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute.
After earnest and thoughtful evaluation of applications, 54 applicants were shortlisted for interviews for their excellent performance academically, socially and environmentally. Each student was interviewed by three evaluators, who gave scores and comments based on a combination of their academic performance, experience in environmental activities, understanding of the SEK concept, initiative and actions taken on sustainability, teamwork and leadership skills, international experience, interpersonal skills, language proficiency, and personality including honesty, confidence, politeness, social responsibility. From the integrated scores and comments of the three evaluators, the final 20 students have been selected finally and officially.
• Jiayi Qiu, Shenzhen Houde Academy, Shenzhen City, China
• Aaradhana Vaghela, Anand Niketan, Ahmedabad, India
• Yuxian Sun, Tianjin Nankai High School, Tianjin City, China
• Asawari Andrews, Jayshree Periwal International School, Jaipur, India
• Xiyan Li, Guangzhou Tianhe Foreign Language School, Guangzhou City, China
• Rohan Singh, Delhi Public School, Greater Noida, India • Yuehuai Gao, Sannew High School, Wuhan City, China
• Tarangini Bhalla, Vidhya Niketan Public School, Coimbatore, India
• Zhonghui Shen, WHBC of Wuhan Foreign Languages School, Wuhan City, China
• Shreenabh Agrawal, the Chanda Devi Saraf School, Nagpur, India
• Yizhen Xu, Shanghai World Foreign Language Academy, Shanghai City, China
• Juhi Kedia, Jayshree Periwal International School, Jaipur, India
• Ding Hanzhang, Shijiazhuang Foreign Language School, Shijiazhuang City, China
• Samay Gupta, Ridge Valley School, Gurgaon, India
• Xu Yixuan, the Experimental High School Attached to Beijing Normal University, Beijing City, China
• Arnav Gupta, Seth Anandram Jaipuria School, New Delhi, India
• Boya Zeng, the Experimental High School Attached to Beijing Normal University, Beijing City, China
• Neeraja Kumar, Mount Carmel College, Thrissur, India
• Yang Junke, Beijing No.2 Middle School, Beijing City, China
• Sanyogita Sarin, The Orbis School-1, Pune, India
"We are really inspired by all the applicants. For those students who did not get selected this year: keep working hard towards your passion for sustainability and environmental issues, and we hope to receive your application again next year with stronger credentials. For the 20 students who have been selected: we look forward to welcoming you to Sweden in August", says Huang Si, Project Manager, Wuhan office, IVL China.