LASTFIRE and the transition to PFAS free foam
This month talk initiators are Dr. Eleanor Lister & Dr. Niall Ramsden from UK who has presented LASTFIRE project and their firefighting foams tests.
LASTFIRE is a project of 16 oil company consortium to review the risk and promote safe Fire Hazard Management approach. Here, they shared extensive fire tests to provide sustainable policies on the selection and use of firefighting foams, from user driven test programmes.
- Introduction to LASTFIRE and the pragmatic approach to transition
- Summary of research and testing to date
- Repercussions to international system standards
- Non-firefighting performance transition issues
- Interim requirements
- Ongoing assurance
- Outstanding concerns
- Compatibility with equipment and other agents
- Long term stability/storage
- Clean out - how clean is clean