Digitized environmental and climate requirements throughout the procurement chain
In order to meet the upcoming legal requirements for a climate declaration for new construction in 2022, we are developing digital support in this project that will facilitate the work for the construction industry.
Digitized environmental and climate requirements throughout the procurement chain is a collaboration between IVL Swedish Environmental Institute, Sustainable Innovation, the public utility shopping center HBV and Ettelva Arkitekter. The purpose of the project is to reduce the currently fragmented and analogous working method and contribute to requirements, documentation and verification taking place digitally and as cost-effectively as possible.
Today's analogous working methods mean that the work with climate-more efficient and more resource-efficient buildings does not reach its full potential. With the help of the solutions developed in this project, we want to make it easier for the industry to meet the new legal requirement and contribute to freeing up time to be able to focus on climate-smart material choices, better designs and the development of innovative solutions.
In practice, this means that we:
- Produces a guide for how climate benefits from recycling of construction products can be calculated linked to current standards and with the help of digital tools.
- Develops a tool for environmental product declarations (so-called EPDs, Environmental Product Declarations) to digitize the work with supplier-specific climate declarations at building material manufacturers.
- Produces a basis for how HBV and thus the public utility can work with environmental and climate declarations to set the right requirements for suppliers.
Facts about project
- Digitized environmental and climate requirements throughout the procurement chain
- Budget: SEK 8 million, of which SEK 4 million in support from Formas through Smart Built Environment
- Financier: Smart Built Environment
- Partners: IVL Svenska Miljöinstitutet, Sustainable Innovation, HBV och Ettelva Arkitekter
- Samarbetspartners: Sveriges Allmännytta, eBVD Norden AB, EPD International, BASTA och Byggvarubedömningen.
- Period: 2019 - 2021